• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Casting Polyester Resin Pen Blanks

Jim

Grand Master
While we have a few members interested in casting of late i thought i would show the other moulds i use when casting .. With the big square one i use i can get 5 good sized pen blanks and one good for a streamline/slimline, compared to just four from these moulds ..

casting-polyester-resin-pen-blanks.jpg

homemade-casted-pen-blanks.jpg

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
I really think I should get a sample of each blank you produce Jim, strictly for Quality Control checks of course .... :whistling:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Wow James those look incredible..can I ask is the colouring a liquid or powder that you use ?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have often thought why not block cast especially if you want to make more than one alike, good planning Jim. The ones you show using 4 up allow individual special effects more readily.

Peter.

jas46

Apprentice Member
First Name
jason
Very very nice Jim, I can only hope I get that good in time, don't suppose you remember where you bought the molds from do you

Jas

Jim

Grand Master
I got one of the moulds from a guy on here who sold up his gear,which is the same as the one i bought from here .. If you make a searc somewhere on here the guy joined the forums after i had made a thread complaining about his postal charges .. Turned out they were slightly better than the cart on his webby calculated ..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).