• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Charly Cheeky Chops

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome Charly.. Well done, I can see you have already knocked off the bad habits that your grandad has,, so you will do really well at this pen turning lark..:thumbs:

Anyway, can you do us a favour and Turn the grumpy switch off and put it to the happy position.. :face:

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
My grumps always has his cuddly happy switch on for me he is lovely.
I have to say that he is sitting next to me init?
He told me to say that too.:funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
My grumps always has his cuddly happy switch on for me:

Well if you leave it in that position when you go home he will be much better with us and not be too grumpy.. Init..:thumbs:

Anyway, now that you are on the forum you can keep a track on him and tell him off when he gets grumpy with us..:thumbs::thumbs: that would be real kewel

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hey, Charly,
Had a quick sort through the mushroom patch and found these. Grumps won't like the piccies on account of the background clutter (I promised him that I would clean up my act!) Still, this was an emergency, right?
The 'shrooms are from laburnum, and were turned "wet". This means that as the wood dries some interesting cracks could appear, giving them more character. Enjoy!
Hopefully, this will cause a deluge of other shroom piccies being posted by other members.

Bob.Mush 1..JPGMush 2..JPGMush 3..JPG

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning here welcome Charly as a father of five quite grown up daughters and one son with grandchildren of their own I must say you were careful in the choice of grandfather you have. I attribute your maturity to the good influences you display.

In relation to the circuit board pen you have made I totally agree with your choice of blank that design in the board itself does it for me as well, an excellent turning.

I carefully noted your courtesy to your family I feel the same give my regards to them.

Kind regards Peter.:claps:

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Bob some of those mushrooms look soooo funny and others really look like the real thing, I think the ones I see in the woods are toadstools and some look like them.
I see what you mean about drying out to split and changes shape, they are really interesting I will try to make some when I steal some more wood from grumps.

Peter that sounds well kewel its' morning where you are, grumps tells me you are in Australia I see your avatar is a map of Australia.
We have family in Australia from my great grandgrumps he died a couple of years ago, i miss him.
Great grandgrumps told me lots of stories about the olden days when the world was black and white and his brother was a TV producer in Australia I think the program was called my three sons or something like that.
We have lots of cousins and stuff there but none of us know them.
Wait till I tell my school friends I was talking to you in the evening and you are in the morning.
I have to go now to presentation evening its really been a wonderful day so far and there is more to come.
I have really enjoyed talking to all the people here I have left orders with grumps to put some pics on for me, must go bye everybody see you all soon can't wait to get back and chat again.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
Thank you to all of you.
I have had the best welcome in here today, this site is soooooo Kewel.
We have come indoors now for for Nanny Drains fresh baked bread and some tea and cake.
I love being a teenager with such kewel grandaparents they are my favourite people.
I am lucky to have two Nannies and two Granddads most of my friends only have one and some have mums and dads the same age.
I have had the best day ever with grumps and meeting you all, my doombrain brother don't know what he is missing.
Grumps has given me the best tutorial all day on the lathe and I have taught him how to wear his safety glasses, boots and mask so we both learned something.
I have the confidence to practice on my lathe now and wow what am i going to make?
A huge thank you to George for leaving his lathe and tools to my lame brother, I will enjoy using them more than he did.

Yes we think you are pretty Kewel as well......:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

naxie

Registered
Welcome the forum Charly! :waver:

Its great to see more young people enjoying turning, my son is six and enjoys using the lathe and the scroll saw. Far better than watching the TV, although it is difficult to get him away from the screen when Spongebob is on.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi cheeky chops please dont do what some of the others have said and change ol Grumps it is so hard to handle when he goes all strange and nice it gives me a nervous twitch waiting for him to return to his normal self I must say you are doing extremely well with your pens a born natural you will be showing Grumps how its done soon next time he comes up to mine you come with him and I will show you how to turn properly LOL tell him Woody said he is a grumpy ol git but we love him goodness knows why :funny::funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to bring her up with me Sir Woody and let her loose with you on your lathe.
I warn you though she has my heart in my throat with her energy and the way she throws herself around the garden.
Oohh to be that supple.
385628_418231358195966_2049853598_n (Custom).jpg
148731_418230948196007_1036506870_n (Custom).jpg

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Welcome Charly, sorry to have missed all the fun, some nice pens there.
Don't do what Grandad Grumps did & stopped a flying piece of wood with his face!!!He aint the handsomest at the best of times!!!:funny::funny:
Good luck with your turning @ home & if you need any advise, don't ask any of the ol' duffers on here, nutters the lot of em.

Used to do gymanstics myself many moons ago, loved it, couldn't do any of it now tho :funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I flipped them pics before posting em but they still came out sideways, no worries you get the idea from them she just loves and won't stop throwing herself around.
487202_467639586588476_1795766081_n (Custom) (Custom).jpg

539670_483148518413157_193163676_n (Custom) (Custom).jpg

943405_10152268909912841_1821115537_n (Custom) (Custom).jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I can just see you Brian flying through the air with the greatest of ease LOL
:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Came off my bike a few weeks ago dad and landed flat on my chest right outside a school playground.
I was flying then mate, kids were laughing and the staff came out when they didn't see me move for a while, I was sorely winded and pride hurt.
Ribs bruised for a good few days.
I was going for my heart scan that trip and turned up with grazed knees and holes in my trousers grazed elbows, blood running down my arms no sleeves left on shirt.
Lumps of tarmac all over my belly and buttons ripped off my shirt.
Nobody took a blind bit of notice and let me limp all the way through the hospital.
My Drain thought it was funny too and that hurt.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).