• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Christmas present

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
As many know I make toys and also the occasional Intarsia work as well as the turning. Anyway I had some gift cards for Axminster for a present so yesterday about 2 pm I ordered a little toy to add to the workshop I asked for it to be sent standard delivery so did not expect it until the new year. Well at 1030 this morning it turned up.

Along with the machine was a pack of 125mm discs and also a spare belt which was sent as complimentary item which I thought was very nice.

So I suspect you want to see it well it is this one

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
:nopics: hasn't happened....:face:

No use just putting a bloody link up to it, let's see it in action and in pride of place..

Does look a nice little unit and nice pressie to have as well..

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
:nopics: hasn't happened....:face:

No use just putting a bloody link up to it, let's see it in action and in pride of place..

Does look a nice little unit and nice pressie to have as well..

I'll be putting it in the shed tomorrow and have a quick play once I set it all up properly

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well I managed to gave a proper play today on the last of the jobs that I have been asked to do. They wanted 10 inserts for the seat and back of a garden bench and each one has the edges chamfered to fit into then. So I set up the machine and set the table to the required angle. It went through all of them in about 1/2 hour as the disc was quite a coarse one so a light touch was needed. So first impressions was a good little machine. The down side was the belt broke and I had not even used it but I have found that machines come with poor quality items such as this at least they did give me a Hermes one as a spare so will fit that tomorrow and see how that performs if I get chance as I need to use a drum sander to do the inside curve of all the bench inserts.
I can see that this will get plenty of use.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).