• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Christmas Tree

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If like us you haven't taken the Christmas tree to the dump yet, don't forget you can cut the branches off and keep the trunk for turning turning Christmas ornaments for next year or whatever takes your fancy. I still have the trunks in various lengths and diameters from the last 6 years, with plans to make a set of Christmas crackers. Now I just need to get round to making them and not let time slip away as usual.

Peter

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Good tip Peter - but a word to the wise for those that might not know. Sharp tools are a must. Spruce and pine are both very sinuous and prone to tear-out without ultra sharp tools at all times.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Good tip Peter - but a word to the wise for those that might not know. Sharp tools are a must. Spruce and pine are both very sinuous and prone to tear-out without ultra sharp tools at all times.

I haven't noticed any problem turning them in the past, although I do always have sharp tools when turning and usually the skew.

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hopefully you will have a little extra time to get and do some turning Peter. Look forward to the crackers. Christmas crackers that is not the bunch you find on here:face::face::funny::funny::whistling::whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).