• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cigar Pen

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Can these be made from a pen kit or are they a kitless design, anyone know?

1_TrueCigar-4.jpg

49473d1302408063-replica-cigar-pens-cigar-7718.jpg

Also if anyone has a link to a tutorial for something like this and some uk available timber suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
I have a feeling they are pure custom William - I remember seeing them elsewhere on the internet a while ago. Having said that, I can't see any reason why you couldn't adapt a kit to make one. All you need to see is the section, then find a way of burying the clip gasket inside the cap. And any way, cigars are not always fat. Just a thought.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I've had a read of that Cigar pen tutorial and I think I've got the basic idea. In the tutorial Bill says "The kit I used is the Apprentice Jr. Gentlemen’s from CSUSA in either gold or chrome".

So the next question is what is an equivalent kit to that available in the UK? Something mid price would be good to start but any links to suitable kits would be much appreciated.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Just seen this, eBay item number: 321600200317 looks good, what do you think, is it suitable?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).