• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Closed End Pen Mandrel

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

I don't see why not, it's closed end, I must make a ball scratcher myself:funny:

Jim has kindly agreed to allow me to run a competition for a closed end pen, I think it is great as he normally runs the comps and never gets to enter so now he can. I have decided that because the Omega is imminent I will wait until after it has landed and let Dan have his day in the spotlight with his magnificent creation as I am sure there will be an Omega-fest and it will be great to see all the different shapes and sizes everyone comes up with. How about an Omega competition Dan?

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Record power use to sell pin chucks from about 1" in diameter years ago for gripping logs and making pepper mills

First Name
Dan
I don't see why not, it's closed end, I must make a ball scratcher myself:funny:

Jim has kindly agreed to allow me to run a competition for a closed end pen, I think it is great as he normally runs the comps and never gets to enter so now he can. I have decided that because the Omega is imminent I will wait until after it has landed and let Dan have his day in the spotlight with his magnificent creation as I am sure there will be an Omega-fest and it will be great to see all the different shapes and sizes everyone comes up with. How about an Omega competition Dan?

Peter
Omega competition sounds brilliant to me. I will put up £50 voucher for the shop.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Omega competition sounds brilliant to me. I will put up £50 voucher for the shop.

Dan that is fantastic, do you want to set the £50 as a winner takes all or say £25 for 1st, £15 for 2nd and £10 for 3rd place? Do you want to choose the winning pens or have the normal voting system that Jim uses for the competitions where everyone has 1 vote. It's your competition so think about it?

It's exciting to start the birth of a new pen with a competition, I can't wait to see the various pens made:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Peter

First Name
Dan
Dan that is fantastic, do you want to set the £50 as a winner takes all or say £25 for 1st, £15 for 2nd and £10 for 3rd place? Do you want to choose the winning pens or have the normal voting system that Jim uses for the competitions where everyone has 1 vote. It's your competition so think about it?

It's exciting to start the birth of a new pen with a competition, I can't wait to see the various pens made:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Peter
Let the masses decide Peter. £25, £15, £10 sounds good to me. All I ask is that people spread the word about the kits to the clubs they attend and fellow turners.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Let the masses decide Peter. £25, £15, £10 sounds good to me. All I ask is that people spread the word about the kits to the clubs they attend and fellow turners.

As soon as I get some I will take them in to the club to show them and and try to drum up sales, are you looking for distrubuters:winking:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).