• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Delta in Zebrano

webby962

First Name
Adie
Here is a Delta from TM in Zebrano. I must admit, I'm not over enamoured with this pen kit. It is either i've done it wrong (there are no instructions for this kit it seems) or the design is not as good as the others. Mainly it is the top blank rubbing on the centre band I don't like, as it leaves a very slight gap.

2016-09-10 11.26.30-1.jpg

If someone has instructions, I might be able to check if I've done it wrong.

Adie

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
It looks fine to me Adie, but I can't see what you can see or feel. Maybe if you pull the top off and give it a couple of light rubs with 240g. :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A small champher to the centre band would ease the pain. The pen is difficult to see with a dark background. The kit looks fine to me.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Here is a Delta from TM in Zebrano. I must admit, I'm not over enamoured with this pen kit. It is either i've done it wrong (there are no instructions for this kit it seems) or the design is not as good as the others. Mainly it is the top blank rubbing on the centre band I don't like, as it leaves a very slight gap.

If someone has instructions, I might be able to check if I've done it wrong.

Adie

You should ask taylor mirsfield for the instructions, although the kit just looks like a slimline or streamline and will be generic you can look at timberbits instructions for streamline here

There shouldn't be any gap, but are you sure you have squared the top blank?

Peter

webby962

First Name
Adie
Cheers all. I've done simple slim lines before, but this one, the twist mechanism screws into the centre band and seems to be seated in the top cap. The blank was square. I think it is just that the twist mechanism needs some clearance to get a nice twist motion. If i push it in too far, and close the gap, twisting the pen actually unscrews the mechanism from the centre band rather than move the ink insert. :thinks:

I might drop Dan a line....

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Cheers all. I've done simple slim lines before, but this one, the twist mechanism screws into the centre band and seems to be seated in the top cap. The blank was square. I think it is just that the twist mechanism needs some clearance to get a nice twist motion. If i push it in too far, and close the gap, twisting the pen actually unscrews the mechanism from the centre band rather than move the ink insert. :thinks:

I might drop Dan a line....

I wonder if others have done the Delta and noticed the same problem you have and sorted it. Give Dan a PM, although he doesn't often post here. Let us know what the solution is.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have made up a few of these kits with no problem the big difference between the Delta and slim / streamline kits is they use 8mm tubes and a parker refill and they are a slightly fatter pen when turned to me they are a very nice kit

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).