• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Finished at last

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I seem to be spending a lot of time casting this week well I have now managed to finish the last ones that is 55 blanks will not need to any for a while now. The 55th one is still in the tube drying. Now to get back to converting more wood.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi

Is that 55 with 5 gallon of polyester resin?

Yes that is right If I made all of them in tubes instead of blocks I could get a lot more.

I thought you all would want to see so I went and took a photo minus the last one in the tube still setting. Some I have given a quick clean up to see the patterns. The camouflage ones in the last photo I am not sure about just have to wait and see when I turn one.

Attachments

• DSCF6443.jpg
    DSCF6443.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF6444.jpg
    DSCF6444.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF6447.jpg
    DSCF6447.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF6448.jpg
    DSCF6448.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF6449.jpg
    DSCF6449.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 66

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
They look fantastic Derek........wonder if my first castings will turn out as good ?:rolling::funny:

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
They look good.

My initial 1kg tub came this morning and the mica powder. I just need to get some tube and I am good to go. If they come out as good as these I will incest in the 5kg. Thanks for sharing

Jim

Grand Master
Some beauties in among that lot Derek .. They will look even better when spun and finished .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).