• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Finished yesterdays oblong bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Just got back from the pub and finishing the oblong bowl from yesterday and gave it 2 coats of sanding sealer and 3 coats of acrylic laquer finish
DSCF3922.JPGDSCF3923.JPGDSCF3927.JPGDSCF3927.JPG DSCF3929.JPGDSCF3934.JPGDSCF3935.JPGDSCF3938.JPG

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Glad you managed to complete the bowl Woody well worth the time. Top job and great finish

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
On a visit to a furniture maker recently I bought some timber from his offcut boxes. From your before /after pics Woody it is crystal clear to me turning is still a revelation every time.

Special and revealing thanks mate.

Peter.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
On a visit to a furniture maker recently I bought some timber from his offcut boxes. From your before /after pics Woody it is crystal clear to me turning is still a revelation every time.

Special and revealing thanks mate.

Peter.

Three down and one up bowl tomorrow Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks a beauty:thumbs:

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you all for your very kind comments normally I would have made the wings a lot thinner but that is what the lady wanted so thats what the lady gets good init saved me a lot more work LOL

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Oooh. For some reason when I saw your WIP photos I was expecting the wings to go the other way - but they don't. Really nice Woody

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).