• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fly Fishing .......

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
Antique Pewter pen frame with a Yellow Perch on Curly Maple.
Used Testors Waterslide decal paper.
Finished with 6 coats of MINWAX Clear Gloss WBOM Polyurethane using my Dipping Method.
Placed fish for either right handed or left handed writers.

Les

8%20A-%20Antique%20Pewter%20Yellow%20Perch%20on%20Curly%20Maple.jpg

8%20-%20Antique%20Pewter%20Yellow%20Perch%20on%20Curly%20Maple.jpg

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
You have got working with water sliders nailed Les, a great pen. Do you have to seal the decals, if so, before or after application? :thumbs::love_it:

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
You have got working with water sliders nailed Les, a great pen. Do you have to seal the decals, if so, before or after application? :thumbs::love_it:

John,
After the ink has dried for a few hours I apply 2 light coats of Krylon Crystal Clear
Acrylic Coating letting dry a few hours between coats before application.

Les

Attachments

• 4 - Krylon-Crystal-Clear-Acrylic-Coating-1303.jpg
    4 - Krylon-Crystal-Clear-Acrylic-Coating-1303.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 22

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Thank you Les, I was going to try your dip method but the Minwax is so incredibly expensive. I wonder if there is an affordable alternative, I will Google and search. :thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).