• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Forum Announcement - Goodbye to Jim

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil
It is with great sadness that we have to bid a sad farewell to Jim McAteer as administrator of the Pen Turners Forum

The pen turning community owes Jim a huge debt of gratitude for his foresight in starting the Forum back in 2011. His foresight, his tireless efforts, his fairness, selflessness, helpfulness and friendship have combined over the the years to build what has become the the foremost resource for pen turners in the UK and far beyond. He has also lead from the front by showing us, through his work, that he is one of the most skilled and talented pen makers among us.

Jim and his wife Carol have settled on life decisions which mean Jim can no longer devote his time to the Pen Turners Forum, and has decided to hand over the reigns. It will continue to be run as a community resource for the benefit and enjoyment of all its members, in the exactly the same spirit in which Jim has always run things, and as it goes forward into a new chapter, I sincerely hope he will continue to log in from time to time, to say hello.

He will be greatly missed, and I don't believe I am speaking out of turn when I say that everybody here joins me in wishing Jim and Carol every happiness for their future.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Sad news but what will be will be . I will certainly miss you Jim..good luck and best wishes to you both.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Well that struck me a blow to be honest, what a shame but the best of luck to Jim and Carol, must have been a very hard decision to make after all this time and I hope Jim will pop in now and then as he will be missed a lot, thank you Jim for everything..:claps:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have known a bit longer and I still can't get my head round it properly. You will be missed Jim so please keep popping in.

Peter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That's a crying shame, the forum will never be the same without Jim.

Best wishes Jim to you and Carol, no one could ever blame you for taking the decision to make the most of your life together, hope all goes well.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Sad news. But wish you well in the future Jim take care and don't be a stranger

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
You've done more than your bit Jim and we all must thank you for the work and effort that you have put on to make this such a friendly and valuable site for us turners. Wish you and Carol well mate and hope that we hear from you from time to time.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Very sorry :sob: to hear Jim is handing over the reigns but I can understand why, I wish Jim and Carol all the best for the future :thumbs:

Having said goodbye to Jim, I am sure the forum will continue to grow with the administrators we currently have place. Being a member of the forum and getting advice from the many members as helped me no end in my pen making quest, long may it live on. :thinks:

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
The help and information you have given to me and I am sure countless others has been invaluable. Although I have never met you in person I have always regarded you as a friend such has been your influence on the forum. I wish you and Carol all the very best for the future.
Robin

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
I wish you and your good lady all the best for the future Jim. Take care and thank you for all you've done for the forum and for the help you've given me. :thumbs::sob::thumbs::thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Good luck jim and thanks for all
You have done the site is the best
And the friendliest ive ever been on
Cheers mate :thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Well, that is sad news indeed! This is like losing a great monarch, to see Jim leave a forum that he brought into the world, nurturing and steering it to what is today. Thank you, Jim, for all the wisdom and guidance you have shown, the laughs we've all had, the knowledge passed on. I'll miss you, mate!
Best wishes to you and Carol, and may there always be fresh doors for you both to open and enjoy!

Bob.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Sorry to hear the sad news that you are no longer running the forum Jim I remember the welcome you gave me when I first joined the forum all the best to you and Carol

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).