• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gold Lucida ballpoint finished in a white acrylic.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
That's a superb pen Terry.. :thumbs:

Won't be able to sign the register with that tho..

For anyone's info... For a wedding pen you will need to obtain permission first from the registrars and you will also need a fountain pen to use registrars ink.. Yes there is an ink called such a thing..

When the pen has been used make sure that you get the pen back from your customer, flush the registrars ink out well as if it's left in it will corrode the fittings and stain the pen body...

oaksh

Apprentice Member
First Name
Tony
You don't have to use a fountain pen but the ink must be "PERMANENT " and always ask and explain to the vicar or registrar the pen will have permanent ink as required for a legal document. A good one is called "bullitproof" but it's very expensive. about £24 for 50ml.

Tony

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
You don't have to use a fountain pen but the ink must be "PERMANENT " and always ask and explain to the vicar or registrar the pen will have permanent ink as required for a legal document. A good one is called "bullitproof" but it's very expensive. about £24 for 50ml.

Tony

Interesting Tony, I have never seen anything else but Fountain pens with the registrars ink available. If you know of anywhere we can get refills for ball point or roller ball pens it would be interesting.

However I use this Ecclesiastical Stationery Supplies Registrars Ink Blue-Black With Iron-Gall much cheaper than bullet proof at £9.20 for 110 ml and accepted by all the registrars and Ecclesiastical establishments that I have dealt with.

Regards..

oaksh

Apprentice Member
First Name
Tony
Interesting Tony, I have never seen anything else but Fountain pens with the registrars ink available. If you know of anywhere we can get refills for ball point or roller ball pens it would be interesting.

However I use this Ecclesiastical Stationery Supplies Registrars Ink Blue-Black With Iron-Gall much cheaper than bullet proof at £9.20 for 110 ml and accepted by all the registrars and Ecclesiastical establishments that I have dealt with.

Regards..

Silver
Have a look at this site for permanent ink ball pens How to choose pens and ink
I purchased 11 different ball pens before I found one with a refill that fitted a pen I made for a friend who used it to sign the the register.
Hope this helps
Tony

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian

Tony
This needs clearing up and certifying once and for all so we know where we stand and not hearsay.
There must be some actual ruling somewhere and it needs to be found.

I was always under the impression that only a fountain pen was good enough and even then only with ink supplied by the registrar without exception.

I would hate to be wrong and certainly to find that a ballpoint with permanent ink will suffice.
Bloody hell you'll be using felt tips at this rate, what has happened to standards?

Somebody needs to learn the difference between permanent ink and registrars ink, and it ain't me init?
Unless you know different????
Have you fooled a registrar???
Have you been told Porkies to save you being offended by them not using that precious weeding gift????
Get it right or say goodnight on this one, it rears it's head too often and always someone is misled.
I am with Eamonn 100% until proved otherwise.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).