• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Having a go at decals

ArtyCrafty

Apprentice Member
First Name
Nichola
Without a closer look they don't seem to be 'bad', the problem is that once you are unhappy with them it's hard to have your mind changed - it also looks like you could disassemble the pen top and sand back, then refinish apply a different backed or clear decal, then coat & refinish again. :thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
It is a good start mate, I would try whatever paper you choose on a bit of scrap first before wasting blanks, but they look reasonable!

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Eh! Nowt wrong with having a go.. Look "OK ish" to me, maybe it's the decal on wood that makes it look different.:thinks:

Excellent first go tho, and as Nichola says, if you don't like em then you won't change your view or mind on them..

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Looking good Peter, I use nail art decals from E-bay sometimes. :thumbs::thumbs:

I bought a whole batch of nail art material once from an Asian lady she sure took a little while sizing me up questioning why the big guy wanted such materials. With all the meds etc I have had trouble with my nails so I use a Viet group to cut them, takes but a short time, the first time just me and a bunch of women in the salon when the cut was complete she reached for the colour samples to apply laquer. Even the brightest red was shaded by my red faced embarrassment. Now I go in the door point to the hands, we have become friends, they remind me of pen turners with all their gear and pedantic methods each one different, all convinced they are right.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).