• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hybrid blank casting

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
Just wondering, what do you need to cast hybrid blanks? Is vacuum required? Can it be done with PR, or do you need to use PU?

I know casting hybrids is almost certainly more difficult than it looks, but I fancy a shot at it sometime. I don't have a vacuum or pressure pot, at the moment the only casting I have done has been into PVC pipes, although I am making a block mold soon.

Thanks

Alan

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
I have done a few with pr its much harder to turn as more brittle but the most important thing is to get the wood dry not just air dry ..bone dry .. I use a microwave to get as much moisture out as possible . Good luck

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).