• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

It's too Darn Hot

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Well you might say that I'm a miserable old sod but this temperature is too much for me. It was over 30 degrees C in my shed yesterday when I first went in causing me to sweat just contemplating what I was going to do. Don't get me wrong I like a bit of sun like most people but 22 to 25 is enough for me and that's just to sit around in.I'm glad that I put a portable Air Conditioning Unit in the shed in about 15 mins I got the temp down to 16 degrees. Only problem I was joined by the Mrs and two dogs who wanted to cool down so nothing got done.

:thinks::thinks::thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I sympathise with you, the correct temperature is as you say 22-25 and we don't need any more than that. I am glad my wife told me to wait a good long while when I wanted to buy a bolt hole in Spain. I love the culture, but I really couldn't survive the silly heat in the summer months and I am not one for sunbathing, maybe post-brexit the government will discount air conditioners for us more sensitive types:pray:

Peter

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
There is NO WARMTH IN THE SUN AT 22°C Believe me.

Why dont you come down here and cool down Vic, there is a carton or two in the fridge.:thumbs:

Wished I could Mark. I wouldn't bring much in my suitcase though as I would need plenty of room to stuff it full of the lovely blanks that you have down under to bring back with me.

:drool:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I agree to bloody hot for me and they recon today is going to be hotter still smiffy has been plenty busy if you know what I mean, well one dont want to dehydrate dose one

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Same hear .I was going to dress a couple of JR Gents with some of the Robinia that Alan (Themackay) and myself bought from Buga, but I would get roasted alive in the shed today.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Too hot for me as well. I have so much to do still it never seems to end as I can only do so much before having to take a rest. Just glad I managed to convert most of the logs I have into slabs.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Its all relative , heat that is. Our daughter in New Guinea says you have a shower 5 minutes later you need another shower.

Peter.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Just back from the allotment, lovely morning but everything needed watering, I did get a tad warm walking to & from the water tank carrying 30 litres of water at a time :gone:
Early lunch then it's in the workshop, 3 tables to make :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Just back from the allotment, lovely morning but everything needed watering, I did get a tad warm walking to & from the water tank carrying 30 litres of water at a time :gone:
Early lunch then it's in the workshop, 3 tables to make :thinks:

Time to instal an irrigation system mate. Still very satisfying.

Peter.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Today's forecast here is 35-37 with humidity levels into the 90's. Yesterday was 97% humidity. I can take the heat but the humidity sucks the life out of you. The worst part of today is I have 3 lawns to mow and can't do it until this afternoon. The grass is just too wet.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
My trusty fan just broke in the shed.

I decided to clean some of the dust that had stuck to the blades and broke one they are only plastic, OK lets try something cut them all the same size as the broken one now the thing works better than it did before.

Before move away from fan more than 3 ft and nothing now at 6ft away I have to turn the fan away from me as it is like a hurricane:funny:

So I am a happier little boy now(well not so little)

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's been 36C in the sun and 31 in the shade, not much fun.

Peter

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Time to instal an irrigation system mate. Still very satisfying.

Peter.

We're not allowed such things, hose pipes etc are banned eviction awaits anyone rigging up any pipework from the mains fed water tanks :monkon::monkon:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
We're not allowed such things, hose pipes etc are banned eviction awaits anyone rigging up any pipework from the mains fed water tanks :monkon::monkon:

When I had my allotment there was a tap on two of the corners of my plot so did not have to walk much more than 1/2 the plot to a tap

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Well at close of play today the temperature in the workshop had raised to 21 1/2 C, got a bit of a shock when I walked out the door, boy was it hot out there I got myself a tinnie out of the fridge & went back in the workshop :whistling:

image.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).