• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

It's too Darn Hot

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I worked in a steelworks for twenty odd years. Got used to hotter than this.

When I lived in Japan I could stand the heat better than I can now, but the humidity was debilitating and mosquito bites just kept weeping and wouldn't heal well. Today it reached 38 in the sun and 33 in the shade, it's still 29c in the house.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Well you might say that I'm a miserable old sod but this temperature is too much for me. It was over 30 degrees C in my shed yesterday when I first went in causing me to sweat just contemplating what I was going to do. Don't get me wrong I like a bit of sun like most people but 22 to 25 is enough for me and that's just to sit around in.I'm glad that I put a portable Air Conditioning Unit in the shed in about 15 mins I got the temp down to 16 degrees. Only problem I was joined by the Mrs and two dogs who wanted to cool down so nothing got done.

Been waiting to use this for a long time, turn your sound up ... :ciggrin:

nigel perrin

First Name
nigel
You moaning old buggers, i was working all day in it, i must admit i stripped down to my boxers and me goolies were still sweating, i think i put the post lady off her lunch but that was as much her fault as mine she crept round the corner lol:mooney2::mooney2::mooney2:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
A nice cool 21C in the offices at work today. The Air-con system was working overtime :thumbs:
Only problem was coming out of work at 4:30pm and getting hit by the 35C heat :rolling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
We're not allowed such things, hose pipes etc are banned eviction awaits anyone rigging up any pipework from the mains fed water tanks :monkon::monkon:

Wow guess they have had some people leaving taps on in the past somewhere Doug. I thought in England it does rain a lot more than here so it may not be such a biggin.I am with you on the regret.

Peter.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
They say you should take plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration in this weather. I have had 4 cans of lager and a bottle of red wine but I still feel rough :whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
They say you should take plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration in this weather. I have had 4 cans of lager and a bottle of red wine but I still feel rough :whistling:

If you think it is hot there Vic wait until you come down this way.

Attachments

• 13770436_10208507431076689_3802674225801418282_n.jpg
    13770436_10208507431076689_3802674225801418282_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 15

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
If you think it is hot there Vic wait until you come down this way.

The lad said it's been a tad on the warm side. I will been down on the Isle of Sheppy a week on Saturday all things being equal and hope to take up a fortnight of your weather. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Strange we have had a mild three days with rain, unusual but welcome. This yr we had a month in summer averaging 40 degrees Celcius. Great day today into what I want to do. I finished a large Chocolate wheel for my friend who is running for our local Parliament. He is a Barrister and has been walking the hustings with her. They arrived last night with the vehicle covered in signs with ten minutes notice so no pics, will catch up with them in a week or or so and take some.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).