• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ivory Blank

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's really poor, I don't mean your turning but the fake ivory, was it from ivoryalternative.com? Their's was supposed to have veins running through it.

Peter

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
That's really poor, I don't mean your turning but the fake ivory, was it from ivoryalternative.com? Their's was supposed to have veins running through it.

Peter

it was from them
no different than the one from axi

a few veins near the surface that are long gone

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
it was from them
no different than the one from axi

a few veins near the surface that are long gone

Okay I have taken them off the bookmark list.

I must turn mine down a bit more to see if the veins are all the way through, if they are it will be like gold to me.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Normally with alternative Ivory you can only see the veins when you turn it end grain so to speak here are some photos of Violets ring box from our wedding you can just about see some of the veins but there are none visible on the pen
DSCF0824.JPGDSCF0825.JPG

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Normally with alternative Ivory you can only see the veins when you turn it end grain so to speak here are some photos of Violets ring box from our wedding you can just about see some of the veins but there are none visible on the pen

That's why I am beginning to appreciate that I may have some unusual fake ivory if you look at the images I posted of mine higher up in the thread, it looks superb.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That sure is unusual Peter I have turned quite a lot of the alternative materials and have never seen any Ivory as nice as that

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That sure is unusual Peter I have turned quite a lot of the alternative materials and have never seen any Ivory as nice as that

I think it is great and I am going to buy every bit of it that comes up, there was loads of it that went for a song.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).