• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jet JML - 1014

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
I got one of these that I don't use, what's it worth. Got it 2nd hand, all works fine but I just never use it

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
You mean no. Shame -I'd have offered to buy it from you.

No, I mean Yes but not electronic

Changing speeds on the JET Mini Lathe is fast and easy. Release the belt tension (top), move the belt to the position wanted (middle), put the belt on that same position on the lower pulley and re tension the belt. That's it!
Click images to enlarge

While this model of the JET Mini Lathe does not have an exterior speed changing system, moving the belt on the stepped pulleys is fast and simple thanks to a pair of access doors and a no-tool, no-nonsense belt tensioning system. This belt tensioning system makes so much sense that I suspect that someone with real world lathe experience designed it.

To change speeds, loosen the motor lock and then lift the handle to relax the belt tension. Open the access doors, move the belt to the desired position on the six position stepped pulleys, push down on the belt tensioning handle and lock it down. Simple and fast.

Where many multi-speed tools leave you guessing what each setting actually means, JET provides that information on the rear access door and in the manual. The available speeds are 500 – 840 – 1240 – 1800 – 2630 and 3975 rpm.

The belt and pulleys feature a multi-groove design that runs very true. With even minimal tension, it is all but impossible for this style of belt to jump off the pulley. Slipping is also reduced.

Another benefit of this no-frills drive is that it is exceptionally smooth and quiet. There are no extra moving parts to rattle, clang or thump. Most often, the tool on the wood makes more noise than the drive.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
FRom the U Tube demo the belt change is a doddle the electronic speed control can be fitted any time then its down to price.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).