• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jet JTS-10 Table saw

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The first thing I noticed is it has a brush motor so the startup will be very violent and noisy and will frighten the life out of most people as it leaps into action to me it is just your standard cheap nothing special about it but if you only want it for the odd bit of cutting then it should do the job
Have you read the feedback on the axminster site some of it sounds very negative

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Table saws unfortunately take up a lot of room in the workshop not just the profile of the saw but the feed in area and the tailoring out space needed. Choices come down to sizes you will need to cut etc.

Quality pays.

Peter.

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
The first thing I noticed is it has a brush motor so the startup will be very violent and noisy and will frighten the life out of most people as it leaps into action

Wow Woody, spot on.
Went to the local dealer who sells these, incidently it a great gold mine of a shop.

So I'm looking at the saw, and another Metabo TS254 which is 3 times the price. I asked the assistant if we could start them up. I told him my concerns over the Jet's start up

Metabo first, nice smooth start, not too loud and has a 3 second blade break.

The the Jet, Jesus the bloody thing made us both jump, he said it scared the s**t out of him. Woody was exactly right, so violent at start up and quite noisy.

NO WAY would I want to use that thing, it was worse that the crappy 2nd hand one I already got ...

Thanks Woody, saved me £200 .... can you lend me the other £300 I'm gonna need for the metabo ... :winking:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Which ever one you choose Brad my top tip is to keep your fingers well away from that shiny thing that spins around very fast
:winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow Woody, spot on.
Went to the local dealer who sells these, incidently it a great gold mine of a shop.

So I'm looking at the saw, and another Metabo TS254 which is 3 times the price. I asked the assistant if we could start them up. I told him my concerns over the Jet's start up

Metabo first, nice smooth start, not too loud and has a 3 second blade break.

The the Jet, Jesus the bloody thing made us both jump, he said it scared the s**t out of him. Woody was exactly right, so violent at start up and quite noisy.

NO WAY would I want to use that thing, it was worse that the crappy 2nd hand one I already got ...

Thanks Woody, saved me £200 .... can you lend me the other £300 I'm gonna need for the metabo ... :winking:

You need to get one with an induction motor or one that says soft start both the same thing

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).