• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

jigsaw puzzle blades

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
Brian, the thinner the blade the tighter the pieces will fit, experiment with different blades to get a fit that the grandkids can put together easily no point in making a puzzle too tight that they can't do it (don't ask me how I know this). Also let the blade do the cutting, don't apply any side pressure or you will cut with a slant and the pieces will only come out or go back from one side. The picture you posted of the fruit have a go at freehand and line cutting and make your own pieces and use the shape of the fruit and bowl for some of your pieces.
happy scrolling
Steve

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Lofty.
Do I understand that right? Puzzles within a puzzle?
Cut the nana's out as a puzzle then the Oranges as puzzle etc and build the big picture?
Sounds interesting and not to boring to complete a section in a session, hmm.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Blades turned up in post today, Red rag waved I had to try the rotary thingy.
Like it in as much as no turning the workpiece, great for puzzles but cuts a loose fit.
Anyway had to play and had some success.

P1090828.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
49 piece wooden puzzle made by me today.
Laminated pic of grandchildren stuck on ¼ ply with PVA and chopped out with spiral blade for loose fit so the nipper can manage it with help from big bro init?
Tomorrow a close cut one.

P1090832.jpg

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
You are having to much fun with these puzzles. Looking good look forward to the next one

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).