• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Just for fun

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Very little done today but I have managed to get most of the parts turned, just another 2 or 3 bits to make for this one

Attachments

• DSCF6607.jpg
    DSCF6607.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 21

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well progress a little slow today all 5 bodies, heads and hats are now turned. Just another 8 legs and arms to turn. As well as 5 bases and hat brims to cut out before some sawing and painting

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
The turning continues, managed to get all of the legs and most of the arms done today between giving the "Flower" piece some top coat.

So I have three at the stage shown in the picture.

Attachments

• DSCF6624.jpg
    DSCF6624.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 13

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Looking good Derek... :thumbs: Will be stunning painted...

I need to make a cradle to put a groove up the back and along the top of the body for the mechanism. This is not my design but from, the Woodturning magazine some of the family wanted some for Christmas so decided to make 5 instead of just the two.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Managed to get back to the soldiers today now all of the legs, arms, bodies, heads and hats are completely turned now onto the bases and hat peaks.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).