• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

latest work

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Haven't turned a pen in awhile. Been busy with other things. These serpentines represent colours of a couple NFL teams. Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears. Both are birds eye Maple. Normally I would flood 3-5 coats of thin ca then 5 coats of medium ca and sand/polish. This time I applied 4 coats thin ca sanded back to smooth then took them to the buffing wheels. Its not as deep a shine but the pens feel very smooth. Quite pleased with the results. These are Artisan Cigar kits.

Attachments

• 20170520_092332.jpg
    20170520_092332.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 57
  • 20170520_092346.jpg
    20170520_092346.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 57

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Outstanding transparency in the finish Wow Terry you drew out detail after detail in your Serpentines. Love the pens.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi Terry,
Amazing looking pens.

I'm definitely going with this finish on my next wood pen. As you mentioned, It may not have the deep shine of CA but this looks more natural for me.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).