• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lessons

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Good luck Mark.

The preparations and lesson plan are the important parts and they will want to see how close to that your delivery turns out to be.

I made a mess of my second one where a class full of shirty 18 year olds lads were itching to give me a hard time. The subject was plastics in construction and there was one especially irritating little g*t who kept interupting. I produced a roll of gaffa tape and suggested one of his mates apply it to his mouth, didn't go down well but I passed - and he got his come uppance in the next class :whistling:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Good luck Mark.

The preparations and lesson plan are the important parts and they will want to see how close to that your delivery turns out to be.

I made a mess of my second one where a class full of shirty 18 year olds lads were itching to give me a hard time. The subject was plastics in construction and there was one especially irritating little g*t who kept interupting. I produced a roll of gaffa tape and suggested one of his mates apply it to his mouth, didn't go down well but I passed - and he got his come uppance in the next class :whistling:
Hmm, must remember to take some gaffa tape...
I have a plan!!

Pauls

First Name
Paul
Hi All,
As part of my teacher training I have various assignments to do, this one is a 15min micro teach. Easy I thought I'll do pen turning, well after I have broke the process down into 8 sections
-blank choice
-kit choice
-drilling and glueing
-turning
-finishing( don't get me started on CA)
-assembly
-costing and marketing (#@??)
-kitless
I have 2 minutes a section,
There must be something easier :think:
Easy - this is what you need and hereā€™s one I did earlier šŸ‘

Pensman

First Name
Gman
Too much info in too short a time span. Your TP can allude to other sections in the manufacturing process and say you will cover them at a later date. Iā€™m a trainer, military instructor and ex uni lecturer your time will go very quickly!!!! too many learning points can ruin a session. ā€KISSā€. Good luck