• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Leveche and Oilve - x 9

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
This is a follow on from a request I made here few months ago to have some engraving done. Gareth Ritter came through and did the engraving. Very impressed indeed.
The pens have a Bock #5 nib and the wood is Bethlehem Olive - as it says on the postmark on the box from Israel.
Due for delivery in the next week or so, so these are yet to be hand finished and made to gleam.
Thanks for looking - and thanks to Gareth for burning the pens!
Chriscb

Attachments

• IMG_2621w.jpg
    IMG_2621w.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2622w.jpg
    IMG_2622w.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 32

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Great job, that looks to be some interesting Olive wood too. If you want the engraving to stand out more, I filled some before with Milliput and it worked very well.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Great job, that looks to be some interesting Olive wood too. If you want the engraving to stand out more, I filled some before with Milliput and it worked very well.

Thanks for the comments. I did wonder about filling in the engraving but I decided against it as the cursive font is quite complex, with very thin (shallow) strokes as well as thick (deeper) strokes. I could barely feel the indentation on the curly parts of the text, so perhaps not a good candidate for an infill.
Chriscb

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
The ones I filled Chris, were almost through to the brass tube and in places you could see it.... Limited options, but it worked for me and the customer loved it... Honestly I designed it like that! :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).