• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Long distance sale

Harry

First Name
Harry
I sold 3 pens in Australia this morning! I had sent a pen to my granddaughter, and one of her workmates saw it and eventually ordered 3 Chiyogami pens by email. As my wife and I were going to visit my daughter's family, I arranged to meet up and hand over the goods. She must have been impressed, as she said she might order more! Isn't this hobby amazing sometimes?

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I sold 3 pens in Australia this morning! I had sent a pen to my granddaughter, and one of her workmates saw it and eventually ordered 3 Chiyogami pens by email. As my wife and I were going to visit my daughter's family, I arranged to meet up and hand over the goods. She must have been impressed, as she said she might order more! Isn't this hobby amazing sometimes?

You never know!

I've twice taken some orders with me to Sydney under the same circumstances, my brother lives there. Last were some made from brass shells which I carried in hand luggage as I thought they would open my suitcases otherwise, I put them in the screening basket and got the full grilling workover :funny: fair enough I'd rather that than security be lax.
I also sold 3 to a visitor to the area from South Africa, hope the finish is lion proof. :thinks:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well done, nice sale.. always nice to know someone likes your work.

Don't let those Ozzies know they might want to catch a customer or two. Especially that Mark guy.:tongue:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
How does the family feel in this great country Harry, I know from what Bob,s brother has said to Bob in the past Australia is very special no surprise there. I have given fistfuls of pens to America for years, once family get the taste of pens it continues.

Peter.

Harry

First Name
Harry
How does the family feel in this great country Harry, I know from what Bob,s brother has said to Bob in the past Australia is very special no surprise there. I have given fistfuls of pens to America for years, once family get the taste of pens it continues.

Peter.

They like the weather and say it's easier to make money than in the UK!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
They like the weather and say it's easier to make money than in the UK!

My thoughts as well Harry, my brother in law since passed came out from Durham in the UK seemed unhappy for a while then his immediate family also came to Australia. He felt overqualified with his diverse City and Guilds accomplishment, it was difficult for him to call the management by their christian names. This was in the 1960,s. He established a family business in hardware and retired in his 80,s he used to regret public holidays, just loved his work.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).