• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Looking for wood from Lake District

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
I have had a request to make a pen from wood which originates from the Lake District (Keswick if possible).

Does anyone have a piece of timber from the Lake District which I could purchase from them? Or perhaps someone in the area could collect a piece and post it?

Just thought I'd ask you lovely people :pray::thumbs:

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
You could try G & S Timber they are based near Penrith and source timber locally.

Robin

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Well I live in Cockermouth (14 miles down the road) and work in Keswick a couple of days a week, plus my parents live there. So, yeah, kinda local :) What were you after?

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
I was in the lakes just over a week ago & nearly brought a piece of wood back from Aira Force at Ulswater, but decided that it was a bit too rotten to try Stabilising.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
I was in the lakes just over a week ago & nearly brought a piece of wood back from Aira Force at Ulswater, but decided that it was a bit too rotten to try Stabilising.

Well it is a wee bit wet up here, the lakes have to come from somewhere :whistling:

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
Well I live in Cockermouth (14 miles down the road) and work in Keswick a couple of days a week, plus my parents live there. So, yeah, kinda local :) What were you after?

Hi Greg, thanks for the response.

I'm looking for a piece of timber big enough to get a decent blank or two. No specific timber, just something from the Lake District area - Keswick is their preferred source if possible.

I'll PM you

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).