• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Made a friend a pen blank

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
A very good friend of mine liked one of the segmented pens I make he has had a very bad time health wise so I made him up a blank to turn I just hope it gets him turning again it is made with aluminium angle 6mm x 6mm corian and 6mm x 12mm corian I will also include a photo of what they look like turned the blank is long enough to make two sierra pens or a two part pen
View attachment 31577

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Blimey, Woody, you've made a corker of a pen here! Must have taken an age to get this lot sorted. Well done!

Bob.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Cracker Woody, very nice indeed and a power of work in the blank prep, out of curiosity, how long woud you say it took you to build the blank??

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Cracker Woody, very nice indeed and a power of work in the blank prep, out of curiosity, how long woud you say it took you to build the blank??

Hi I would say about 30 to 45 min give or take but to be honest I have never timed myself so it could be an hour

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).