• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Making a Beech oblong bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Making an oblong bowl 10" x 6" x 3" for a friend this is working progress
DSCF3915.JPGDSCF3916.JPGDSCF3917.JPGDSCF3918.JPGDSCF3920.JPGDSCF3921.JPGDSCF3922.JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
So that's how you do it. I've often marveled at and admired your square bowls before Woody.Thanks for posting the pics :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
So that's how you do it. I've often marveled at and admired your square bowls before Woody.Thanks for posting the pics :thumbs:

I was thinking of doing a video Ed but I didnt think people would be interested

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It looks spot on Grandpops but I must say you look naked without the hat !!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Its to bloody hot Terry mind I did end up with a load of shavings on me head I thought me hair had grown back LOL

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
That is going to be one superb bowl when it's finished mate. Lucky friend. He/she should be delighted with that one.:drool:

Ratty

First Name
David
That is going to be a cracker Woody. :drool:
I did a square one similar to that in purple heart quite a few years ago and it was a scary process.
Sanding and finishing what felt like thin air was not something I will repeat in a hurry.

Dave

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Talk about on the wings of an Angel mate winged bowls deserve max attention and at your hands they really do thanks for sharing .

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Great looking bowl Woody I love doing things like this as long as you remember a few things it is safe as you already know

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).