• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Midlands woodworking show

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
I’m going this morning we’re totally clear here in Lincolnshire, even the missus is coming but I’ll try not to let that put a damper on the day 🤣

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Good show , not brilliant layout as they had close isle but a vast void near the canteen was roped off ?

Andrew Hall brilliant and tuneful, Emma Cook, Mick Hanbury , Rick Dobney , Chris the blind turner , Margaret Gerrard , Tic demonstrating airbrush and craft8ng techniques at Woodart art ! Many others too including “Bob the burner “

Great day well worth the hours drive

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
I spent way too much money, missus enjoyed it too and bought herself a lamp for her needle craft. It was smaller than Harrogate but felt packed out.

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
I spent way too much money, missus enjoyed it too and bought herself a lamp for her needle craft. It was smaller than Harrogate but felt packed out.
Yes they really needed to open that extra space beside the canteen area!

Youre letting the side down Alex by confessing🤦‍♂️ ( even if wife was with you ) ! You SAVED LOADS of money by INVESTING at bargain prices , similar logic to ladies in shoe and handbag shops , I mean how many bloody bags does one woman need ??? It’s all about how you present it to her.

Note it also helps if you get home after dark and can unload the car quietl6 directly into workshop 😉

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex

Youre letting the side down Alex by confessing🤦‍♂️ ( even if wife was with you ) ! You SAVED LOADS of money by INVESTING at bargain prices , similar logic to ladies in shoe and handbag shops , I mean how many bloody bags does one woman need ??? It’s all about how you present it to her.

Note it also helps if you get home after dark and can unload the car quietl6 directly into workshop 😉
Afraid I never was any good at lying, I’d be a rubbish politician 😆
My wife actually encouraged me to buy it…made me suspicious but what the heck😄lol!

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Afraid I never was any good at lying, I’d be a rubbish politician 😆
Or perhaps one of the very few good ones Alex 🤔

I had a really good time yesterday, great to meet up with old faces, couldn’t believe they’d no snow east of the Trent,😳 I’m not saying we had a lot but it was still on top of the van when I came out of the show even with all yesterday’s glorious sunshine 😂

D6F6B7C1-A510-4DD1-944D-4AEE0B89427A.jpeg

Watched a few of the turners, I was particularly impressed with Simon Hope demonstrating his thread cutting jig. I’m not in the market for one but the thought behind the jig was very good as was his demonstration of it.
Only bought 1 clamp so the wallet didn’t suffer, in truth there’s not much I need but I never said that if the good lady asks 😂

Managed to have a good chat with the guy on the Nova stand, my lathes developed a little niggling problem which isn’t surprising as it’s 17years old, what did surprise me was that they do an upgrade to suite my lathe but he also told me a few things to try before I think of parting with cash, no prizes for guessing what I’ll be doing this afternoon.

All in all an enjoyable if slightly crowded day certainly in the morning but more relaxed in the afternoon.

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
I attend demo's at a local woodturning group, but as yet not a member (pension doesn't go a long way). But they put up a stall giving demo's on different things and turning spinning tops for the kids to take away at the Ulster Steam Rally at Shane's Castle in Antrim on Sunday and Monday May day..
Wasn't able to get. But pity we couldn't get a show like that over here. But would be down to cost regarding travelling etc.......

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom

Make her a special wooden one that way they last and don't lose their shape!!!!!