• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My 1st Sale

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Morning all

Thought I would see what you think of my display…
We are going to be doing our first ever sale at our village fete this Sunday.
Never done one before, sold a few pens but mostly been giving them to many different charities for them to sell and raise funds, after much pressure from friends and relatives we are setting up a table at our village fete…..

Honest opinions on my display please much appreciated (I think)

My Much better half does Crocheting so she is selling as well.
All money raised goes to the village Orchard upkeep.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 114

PensFromNo11

First Name
Darren
Morning all

Never done one before, sold a few pens but mostly been giving them to many different charities for them to sell and raise funds, after much pressure from friends and relatives we are setting up a table at our village fete…..

I think it's a great display, nice variety and you can see everything.
The caveat on my opinion is that I haven't sold anything yet either.

What's also interesting to me is the ratio of wood to acrylic - is that your preference or is that just how these pens sell?

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
I think it's a great display, nice variety and you can see everything.
The caveat on my opinion is that I haven't sold anything yet either.

What's also interesting to me is the ratio of wood to acrylic - is that your preference or is that just how these pens sell?
Hi Darren

I do make a lot of wooden pens but on this occasion I have decided to opt for the Resin based.
I have two folders full of wooden pens and I will take them with me but so far feedback is on the colourful resin pens :scratch_head:

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Really good display, but do watch out for the light fingered.
Yes, we have thought about that Richard.
The Mrs will be the ever watchful one (she never misses a flippin thing :whistling:)
The way we are having the table set up is so we are NOT behind it but in front / next to it so we can see exactly what is going on :scratch_head:
Though if people are determined to steal then they will do it regardless :thinks:

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
A nice selection of pens you have there so good luck with your sales.

I struggle pricing mine but have sold a few, mainly to friends and mainly at cost price. I did go to a few turning shows to try and find out what other pen makers are charging but got the impression most were selling for cost plus £5 with slimline pens wood or acrylic going for around £12. Is that the going rate these days for kit pens.

geoff46

First Name
Geoff
A nice selection of pens you have there so good luck with your sales.

I struggle pricing mine but have sold a few, mainly to friends and mainly at cost price. I did go to a few turning shows to try and find out what other pen makers are charging but got the impression most were selling for cost plus £5 with slimline pens wood or acrylic going for around £12. Is that the going rate these days for kit pens.
I have been selling slimline for £20 - £25 depending on the wood/acrylic and the Mistral Fountain pen I sell for £60 - remember these are bespoke pens no two will be the same and as someone pointed out it will help to have some "progression" pieces to show the various stages in production people will pay for quality and uniqueness'

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Morning all

You will sell every one of them old friend, keep talking the way you do and they will want to buy one just to get away from you! 🤣
As for the display, what mark said, leave a few on each tray as empty, you will be sick of putting them all straight after a while anyway.. 😜

Hope you and the good lady do well.. enjoy..

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Sorry, Sunday was manic as I help set up and take down / clear the orchard so we started at 07.00 and I finally got home around 8pm...
A very long warm day...

BUT........

I sold 15 pens & 10 of the Hand Holder Pen Stands.
Each pen sold for £35.00 and pen holders at £10 each
Total Raised for the Orchard = £625.00 :shocking:
My wife makes crochet toys so we had them down on the table as well and she sold 18 of her little monsters @ £10 each so another £180 to the Orchard.

For our 1st ever sale / pitch / table I didn't think that was to bad :thinks:

so we managed to raise atotal of £805 for the Orchard and Wild Meadow :phew:
2023-01-21 14.50.30.jpg2023-01-21 14.50.35.jpg