• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My 1st Sale

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Sorry, Sunday was manic as I help set up and take down / clear the orchard so we started at 07.00 and I finally got home around 8pm...
A very long warm day...

BUT........

I sold 15 pens & 10 of the Hand Holder Pen Stands.
Each pen sold for £35.00 and pen holders at £10 each
Total Raised for the Orchard = £625.00 :shocking:
My wife makes crochet toys so we had them down on the table as well and she sold 18 of her little monsters @ £10 each so another £180 to the Orchard.

For our 1st ever sale / pitch / table I didn't think that was to bad :thinks:

so we managed to raise atotal of £805 for the Orchard and Wild Meadow :phew:
View attachment 49914View attachment 49915
wonderful result and a damn good cause

well done

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Thank you all for you very kind comments and best wishes before the Fete.
I was a little nervous about the day, would have been slightly embarrassed if I didn’t sell at least one pen 😳
So from the Fete on Sunday, I have had a number of requests for picture pens (something I have done for a while), from horses, to cars, to people.
All happy to pay up front and again all funds gained will go to the Orchard.

I will post pictures of the requested animals & cars (not the people ones) when I have made them.

Overall a really good experience, with some lovely comments from those that stopped for a chat (and like Silver said) bought a pen to get away from me 😇😂😂😂😂

Syzygy

First Name
Gerry
Morning all

Thought I would see what you think of my display…
We are going to be doing our first ever sale at our village fete this Sunday.
Never done one before, sold a few pens but mostly been giving them to many different charities for them to sell and raise funds, after much pressure from friends and relatives we are setting up a table at our village fete…..

Honest opinions on my display please much appreciated (I think)

My Much better half does Crocheting so she is selling as well.
All money raised goes to the village Orchard upkeep.
Excellent! I'm sure you will sell many... :claps:

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
It won't last that long like that, hopefully!!
I always have a drilled pen blank with me to show progression, so customer's can see YOU made it and leave a couple of empty slots.. No one likes to be first😉
BTW good luck and enjoy yourself
How many pens would you take for a stall.????

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Personally, normally what ever I have.....
I will have about 40 on display, with slimline, Sirocco's/ Sierra, fountain pens in a mix of wood, acrylic, steampunk and bullet cases and various plateings.... I will also have more 'stock' if someone shows interest in something particular, sometimes another 40+... I know I can't always have the exact match for everyone, so I also have a customer bespoke order form and always offer a bespoke service if they can't find what they do want...
Again personally I have never asked them to pay up front on a custom pen as I know it can always go into stock if its not right.... Never has

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
How many pens would you take for a stall.????
Same as Mark, I did take all of my pens down with me (over 200+) but had about 60 on display, some of those I sold were out of the folders when a customer said they liked a certain colour / pattern etc but didn't see exactly what they wanted.

I also took a few orders for Picture Pens (That I have now made and they are now with there new owners) so I have found it's NOT always what you can take but what the customer wants, that's the way I am going to treat this in future (If I ever get the chance to do any sale?)

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
What do you mean by picture pens.. I am fairly new to turning!!!
Tom
I put pictures on Tubes and then cast in clear resin.
I can do just about any picture as long as I can scale it to fit.

0F2382A2-9775-434D-98BF-E98BCB9BAA15.jpg 9A78CEBD-562F-4C02-9403-D616A698254A.jpg

Do lots of them, from family pictures to funny sayings, I was even asked to put a rather (tasteful Burlesque) picture on a pen by a wife who gave it to her husband.... That was an interesting photo session :eeeeek: