• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first attempt

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Had a go at moulding this afternoon two tubes with D day stamp on them with some advice from our paul M and one plastic swarf there were a few bubbles in the resin so I stood them on me fretsaw run it for a while and they all come to the top well pleased so far tomorrow will tell steam punk tomorrow
DSCF4185.JPG

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Mod podge is ever so handy Wilma has been using it for her craft for ever it seems. The squirrely waste looks great. Good luck with the finished pens mate.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
What not turned them yet Woody:rolling:

Looking good so far hope they turn out well after all the effort

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bloody Nora give us a chance it says it has to cure for 24 hours they are out of the mould and I have poured another one with the swarf and am halfway through making a steam punk blank not sure if they are my vocation LOL

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Thanks for the link Woody, I have ordered some. I've tried clear casting with stick on letters before.. But they just curled up or floated away lol.:funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).