• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

my first ever casting

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The Majestic Jnr. and non Jnr. is a great kit, so too the Pristina, Roman Harvest, Senior Gent, Mistral and Alpha.

Peter

jas46

Apprentice Member
First Name
jason
The alpha or omega was the other ones that I was concidering
But just looking at the roman harvest and it looks very nice has anyone ordered from timber bits and what's delivery like ?
do I need to have the bushings and madrel to make them ?

Jas

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The alpha or omega was the other ones that I was concidering
But just looking at the roman harvest and it looks very nice has anyone ordered from timber bits and what's delivery like ?
do I need to have the bushings and madrel to make them ?

Jas

Timberbits used to be the place to order from, it is easy to order from and takes about 10-14 days, You don't need a mandrel or bushes if you can turn between centres.

Peter

jas46

Apprentice Member
First Name
jason
Cheers buckeye, I can turn fine but I think for ease I might buy one as I've never made one before any recommendations on a decent one ?
oh and this will be going onto a seig sc2 metal lathe :thumbs: as I mainly do metal /acrylic work at the moment and have zero room I'm my tiny shed for another lathe (had to cut a shelf to get my new bandsaw to fit lol )

Received my mica colors yesterday afternoon and managed to attempt to make the crushed black with true pearl gold today, It's like waiting for Xmas day when I was a kid :fingers:

Cheers for the help mate :thumbs:

Jas

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Cheers buckeye, I can turn fine but I think for ease I might buy one as I've never made one before any recommendations on a decent one ?
oh and this will be going onto a seig sc2 metal lathe :thumbs: as I mainly do metal /acrylic work at the moment and have zero room I'm my tiny shed for another lathe (had to cut a shelf to get my new bandsaw to fit lol )

Received my mica colors yesterday afternoon and managed to attempt to make the crushed black with true pearl gold today, It's like waiting for Xmas day when I was a kid :fingers:

Cheers for the help mate :thumbs:

Jas

I use an Axminster Deluxe mandrel, but the newer Axminster evolution mandrel has a mandrel saver come with it so that may be a better choice, does the sieg have a 2mt in the headstock, if it's a 3mt then you may need a 3mt-2mt sleeve. To be honest if you will be doing it on the metal lathe then between centre is a doddle especially if you are not putting any shape on the blank.

I look forward to seeing your cast.

Peter

jas46

Apprentice Member
First Name
jason
Cheers buckeye I mainly get my stuff from axminster so that makes it easier.
between centre on my lathe is too easy lol I like to teach myself new techniques rather than just settle for what's easy lol
the blank looks good I can't wait to demould and lathe it down tomorrow, I will post pics up when I'm done :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).