• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first ever ever turning project (ever)

webby962

First Name
Adie
OK, today I turned my first ever pen. More a chance to test the lathe and my tools etc, rather than creating a work of art! I bought 5 Axminster slim line pen kits and 5 cheap wood blanks to start to develop my turning skills. After a shaky start (wasn't sure which way the bushings went on the mandrel), and trying to work out which end would be the nib end, I managed to achieve this. Oh, and I managed to have a brilliant few hours in the man cave :-)

2016-07-02 18.36.55.jpg

Now the only way is up!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
If this is regarded as a cheap blank for your first ever ever pen you sure found a great source of timber Adie. In spite of what you said the pen is special and one to live with mate.

Peter.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
The main thing is to enjoy yourself Adie & from the sounds of things you are, great first pen BTW :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).