• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My very first pen.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Not so long ago I thought I'd have a go at pen turning, so I bought all the gear to try My hand,
this is what I ended up with, you can just make out the mistakes. :winking:no. 1.jpgno. 2.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I was fortunate when I made my first 3 pens as I went on an Axminster day course and made two pens, one wood and one acrylic. I gave the wood one to my sister who still uses it and the acrylic one to my Granddaughter, that same evening I made another acrylic one at the woodturning group and gave that to my wife, who also still uses it, I haven't look back since.

I think whenever mistakes happen it can be a good thing if you learn from it, which you obviously did so it's all good in the end:thumbs:

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Only a mother would love that one mate, very brave of you to show us, certainly served as a hurry up your pens are good for such a short time now.

Peter.

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Oops, well I guess we have all been there, I know I have. Look on the bright side it gives you the opportunity to try pen dismantling.

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
A bit of segmenting, super glue and shaving and some spit and polish and it will look fine. Oh and also maybe try :praying:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When I commenced my recent flush of mobile phone circuit boards I dragged out my big carborundum chisel made a pass at the blank and all hell broke loose it crazed all the way along and together with a small catch was absolutely shattering to me. All the others and I will put the latest one I made yesterday up when I find it with the chisel. Then I changed tack rounded the blanks a lot on the big disk sander and have made several since blemish free.

What a baptism of fire for me John I can tell you it really made me think carefully.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).