• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New here

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Ah welcome so you finally succumbed :funny:

The only problem now is that none of will dare post our GW blank pens for fear of criticism.

Great to have you here, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see and hear about your hollow form work as well as the obvious hybrid work.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Ah welcome so you finally succumbed :funny:

The only problem now is that none of will dare post our GW blank pens for fear of criticism.

Great to have you here, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see and hear about your hollow form work as well as the obvious hybrid work.

Not to mention the 20% forum discount:banana:

Peter

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Good morning George and welcome. Apparently they're all harmless providing they keep up their medication. Please don't refrain from showing your blanks, and please post updates when you upload more stock.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya George, good to have you here at long last.
Someone else to debate with is always goodly init?

George Watkins

Registered
First Name
George
thanks

George have you tried ultraseal they are in slough
and the do therm resin.

no never tried it, i cant remember if it was that company or another one but.... I did look into it a while ago and seem to remember it was the same stuff but it came ready catalyzed, there was a minimum order of 5kg order (approx 1kg per litre), they wouldn't deliver to a domestic address and it worked out more expensive than cactus juice.... so i gave it a miss!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning George I await your postings of your work in due course heaven knows how you will fit it into :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:your schedule.

Kind regards Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
George have you tried ultraseal they are in slough
and the do therm resin.

Frank, do you know anyone who has used ultraseal? I have looked at their site and it looks like the sealers they do are for metal, I can't find any that are specifically for wood. Looking at their process the resin is heat cured with water, which would be okay with metal. It may be that it could be cured with heat other than hot water, but they don't mention that.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).