• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New pen mandrel

mattkemp

First Name
matt
I have just got this pen mandrel from Axminster and on first impression it looks the bussiness it came with the cone bushings and 7mm bushings it looks and feels a lot better quality than the last one I had brought has anybody had any experiences with theses

27491.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I have been using it for a while now and it's so much easier to use than the previous mandrels that I have used. As already mentioned make sure that you don't overtighten the tail stock. :thumbs:

mattkemp

First Name
matt
Well I turned my first pen with it and was impressed how easy it was to use rather than the thumb screw type but I could see the complications if you over tighten the tail stock the pen below has more patterning than the picture show but very happy with it

View attachment 30512
View attachment 30513

Cheers

Matt

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).