• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nib protrusion changed

Harry

First Name
Harry
Two years ago I made a Streamline for my son in law and now it has an odd fault. The point only extends about half what it did when I gave him it. He says he has not replaced the refill, so all I can think of is something has happened to the transmission. I could just press it in a bit, but I'm concerned it may fail at some point. Has anyone else had this happen?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
It could be the refill has unwound a little. Some refills go in further. Check your existing to see if it is firmly in position.Measure the body of the lower half and try a new refill see where the ring around the winding mechanism is ,can you see it. Sometimes the winders stick.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).