• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Not good news

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Very sorry to hear that news. He was a great ambassador for wood turning and his many charitable works.
My wife keeps a bowl in pride of place that he turned for a charity close to his heart. It's on the coffee table and I was just showing it off to some visitors today.
Now I'll think of Woody each time I look at it.
Thinking of his family at this sad time.

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
What! that's a shame, he was big in character as in his turning. This forum will not be the same again without him.
My condolences to his family at this time.
Kelvin

RobR

First Name
Robert
Oh no. I'm pretty new here, but even I can see that Woody was a major member here. He made some very kind comments on some of my posts. My condolences to his family.

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
Even as a newcomer, I could see how much Woody meant to you all, and the huge respect and affection held for him by members here on the forum. Condolences to his family and all of his friends, I’m sure he will be a huge miss to everyone that knew him.
R.I.P. Woody.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Oh now that is terrible news.
I have know Woody for many years and no matter what life has thrown at him, he has come back from it and battled on.
I was fully expecting a post from him soon about how terrible it was being stuck and away from his turning and wood making.
My heart goes out to his family and everyone that got to know him.
Truly a very sad day and I for one know I am going to miss seeing his creations 😢😢😢😢

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
I met him a few times and you couldn't meet a nicer guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to Vi and the family in these sad times.

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
That’s a shock and simply terrible news. I am so very sad to hear this. He’ll be missed around here.

My thoughts to his family.

Adal6

First Name
Alan
It’s just not a fair world we live in. When gentlemen young and old are talking from us who give their all.
my condolences to his family and friends RIP woody
from
Alan and family

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Woody will be missed by many people, some with purely selfish reasons.
To me he was one of the few people I called dad.
I had the pleasure of sharing quality time with him and Vi, they will be cherished memories.
He openly and willingly shared the benefit of his knowledge and skills teaching much to many.
Don't be sad at his passing, be thankful you had the pleasure and benefit of his gifts, remember him fondly.

A TOAST RAISED TO DAD "MAY YOU TURN IN YOUR GRAVE FOREVER".

I'll have to find someone else to argue with now. Anyone with shares in Samuel Smiths brewery should sell quickly, they will suffer from the loss.

Love ya dad lang may yer lum reek.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I am so, so sorry to hear about dad, he was a great, selfless man and a dear friend. We taught turning together at Llandudno teaching other blind Veterans to make pens and bowls. He will be a great miss all who knew him especially to me and Brian (Grump)
R. I. P my friend.❤️
My condolences to Vi and family.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Like many of the members that have been here for a long time, we have got to know Woody not only for his knowledge but the good time and laugh we have had together.
Add my condolences to all of his family and friends.
A sad day indeed, if there is life after death, may he still be turning.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I am so, so sorry to hear about dad, he was a great, selfless man and a dear friend. We taught turning together at Llandudno teaching other blind Veterans to make pens and bowls. He will be a great miss all who knew him especially to me and Brian (Grump)
R. I. P my friend.❤️
My condolences to Vi and family.
Hello dad. I hope you are keeping well?

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
That’s simply terrible news. A great character who will be sorely missed in the forum and elsewhere.

My thoughts to his family.

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Such sad news! He was always helpful and encouraging to me when I started out and I know he’ll be missed big time. Rest in peace Woody 🙏