• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nothing to do with pens

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Nice Ed. Lanners are nice to fly. We've only had this one for about 3 months so he's in training at the moment along with the 2 Harris's in the Mews. They're only 20 weeks old. We have another Harris that we rescued from someone who just kept it tied up in a shed and threw it a bit of food once a day. I have a friend who breeds Gyr falcons for the Arabs and my son has his eye on one of those... but only if the price comes down a lot... a big lot. The cheapest he sells one for is £19,000 and all he can produce is already sold.

Gyrs.......OMG just the sound of the name makes my:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

amazilia

Hi Paul, a lovely post, I'm a retired zookeeper and have had much to do with birds of prey in the past. Your blocks look lovely ! And of course the mews under construction. Neil may have seen at the last Southport Flower Show a falconer ? with half a dozen vultures whitch always look great close up as well as flying. Good luck to your son.
Regards Terry

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul, a lovely post, I'm a retired zookeeper and have had much to do with birds of prey in the past. Your blocks look lovely ! And of course the mews under construction. Neil may have seen at the last Southport Flower Show a falconer ? with half a dozen vultures whitch always look great close up as well as flying. Good luck to your son.
Regards Terry
That's great Terry. What an interesting life you've had. Did you fly the vultures? That would be a dream of his

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Jeez, I've had a senior moment...again!!! I need to get to a clinic! :down:
Very sorry, Paul, I attributed the posting to the wrong guy!!!:goesred::rolling::down::rant::vangry::sadmo::eeeeek::mad:
Regards,
Plonker Bob.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Keep the comments flowing enjoying learning more about these various birds. Only drawback its like keeping snakes watching them despatch their food, the nature of their habits as well.

Kind regards Peter.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
LOL, Paul,

Apart from the backing board, all they're made from is sliced branches, sections of bark, and chippings. Oh, yeah, and the eyes are amber acrylic. I only posted them to make George jealous!:wink::wink::wink::wink:

Bob.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
They are very good Bob, here's one that's by his aviary. I'll show him yours later and give you feedback. :funny::funny::funny:

Attachments

• woodenowl.JPG
    woodenowl.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 9
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).