• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Novus 1-2-3 Question

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
I've come up with an acrylic polishing method that has been working well for me. I wet sand with 320 and 400 grit; wet sand with all 9 grades of Micro Mesh pads; use Novus 3 and 2; and finally finish polishing with Meguiar's PlastX. The Novus sytem, though, comes with 1, 2, and 3. #1 is called Plastic Clean & Shine. It's in a spray bottle, and is quite thin. I've tried it, but can't tell any difference with it. Can anybody tell me exactly what it's supposed to do?

Attachments

• novus.JPG
    novus.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 37

peterpiper

Apprentice Member
First Name
peter
Novus #1 is a cleaner/polish, it is used on car headlights etc. to remove haze before using #3 to remove deep(ish) scratches, then use #2 to remove the lighter scratches and finally use #1 again to clean, polish and protect.
There are some videos on u tube demonstrating this, don't know how much use #1 will be for cleaning a pen, but no doubt someone on here who uses it regularly will be along soon!
H.T.H.
pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).