• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Olive but not probably not that old.

martin.pearson

First Name
Martin
Since Peter posted an absolutely stunning Olive wood Pen I thought I would share these 3 which are all olive wood but not from the same place as Peters Olive.

Haven't made any pens for some time but made a few recently, the first 2 of these are Olive root rather than the actual wood itself.

Attachments

• olive wood pens.jpg
    olive wood pens.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 36

martin.pearson

First Name
Martin
Thanks people, the root was certainly more of a challenge to turn, they should really have been stabilised before turning but I don't have anything like cactus juice to be able to do that so what I did was turned a little & then filled the cracks & holes that appeared with cheap CA glue, left it a while & then turned a bit more. Took a while but got there in the end lol

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).