• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

OLNEYA tesota, PALO-DE-HIERO, DESERT IRONWOOD>

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
DElving into my blank room using up the the kits I have collected. Then this one arrived as a prize a Tempest Kit.

I have been looking at pics using this kit for a while then composing my approach, as the beautiful timber yielded I was not prepared to reduce it to Slimline sizes to accommodate the tip and small centre band, or the narrow top. As it turned the timber commanded respect and here it is.

It is a member of the Pea Family indeed before the deciduous leaves come again each year this tree bursts into blossom that resembles a Sweet Pea, each blossom then forms a seeded Pea and life continues in the severe Desert once again providing life for birds and animals, surviving where unbelievable heat and tough conditions daunt the unwary, indeed the ecosystem it creates lowers the temperature up to 15 degrees within the spread of this low growing tree.Long lived and often burled as this piece is I was openmouthed when I bought it so long ago.

Found in Mexico and Arizona scarcer now and precious.:goesred:

Peter

Attachments

• DSCF8366.JPG
    DSCF8366.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF8369.JPG
    DSCF8369.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF8370.JPG
    DSCF8370.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF8371.JPG
    DSCF8371.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF8372.JPG
    DSCF8372.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF8367.JPG
    DSCF8367.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 70

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
As above...cracking pen there....i too love the shapes and beautiful grain...looks simular to cocobola.:drool::drool:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).