• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
If you sell your pens at craft fairs do you use pouches or boxes or anything else and if so where do you get them from.
Glen:thinks::thinks::thinks:

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
I use pouches, i got some blue velvet pouches from Amazon which i thought were good, i then got some more blue velvet pouches from a pen supplier which cost more but they were way better. They just looked good.
I did look for boxes for a rollerball and fountain pen set but my pens at 16mm were to big for any boxes i could find at the time. I think a box is more for presentation or a gift, but the pouches i have used have both and they are looked upon as i nice touch when the pens were bought for personal use.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
For fountain pens I usually make my own, displayed on here some where. Will look for link later.

I have used UK pen kits.

For "give away pens" such as entry level Kits such as everyday slimlines, streamlines or the cheaper kits then I use them. Have brought from many supplier over the years. Tend to buy who is cheapest.

Pen Cases / Pouches etc. | Penkits UK

The red and black plastic display packs at £5 for 5 is reasonable especially if you get other stocks at the same time soaking postage charges up.

Again the velvet pouches are good, make and feel a little better than the plastic display ones. I have had better response from customers than the plastic ones.

There are ones for sale on e bay very cheap, (got some which I will take pics of later.) they are not a patch on the ones from TTW from Vince. But are a little pricey and I do have a look around when ready to buy.

TTW Pen Display Range - Pen Display Range - Shop

Interested in what others do.

Sawes

Registered
First Name
Scott
I use a selection of boxes that my daughter laser engraves. She has done quite a few for others on this forum and Facebook groups too.
I mainly use the cotton lined black boxes from tinyboxcomany for dual kits where there are more parts. Easily holds the pen and the fountain parts at side.
The boxes with cut slot are from Turners Retreat and again she laser marks them with whatever. For the cost they add little to price of pen too.
Sometimes when asked for a little more in the way of box I use the wooden flip ones (also at Turners Retreat I believe)

777d763bc1d25df3a6a8c6f9097bd790.jpg
992ddfac5d33c6eb973a767bd58212fa.jpg
e820c14979b3b6493d5b6c5578539128.jpg
7b79ed3426aa0792fd123818c1f2371e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
I use the same boxes as Scott but I buy mine direct from The Tiny Box Company and have them printed by them. You have to pay an initial fee for the plates but it works for me buying large quantities. Buying from Scott's daughter is likely cheaper for smaller quantities.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Seeing as a lot of my pens get sold for veterans I have to keep the cost down so I import mine from China normally I pay 99p for 5 some have just gone up to £1,19 for 5 including postage and if you buy then by the hundreds like I do you get a discount as well not the same quality as you get from some of the more traditional suppliers but seeing as they end up at the back of a draw or in the bin what the heck but for my more expensive pens I use the velvet boxes from turners retreat
5PCS Velvet Pen Pouch Holder Single Pen Case Bag Pencil Rope Locking JXUK | eBay
5x Velvet Pouch Single Pen Case Handy Holder Pencil Rope Locking Bag Stationery | eBay

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I use a selection of boxes that my daughter laser engraves. She has done quite a few for others on this forum and Facebook groups too.
I mainly use the cotton lined black boxes from tinyboxcomany for dual kits where there are more parts. Easily holds the pen and the fountain parts at side.
The boxes with cut slot are from Turners Retreat and again she laser marks them with whatever. For the cost they add little to price of pen too.
Sometimes when asked for a little more in the way of box I use the wooden flip ones (also at Turners Retreat I believe)

777d763bc1d25df3a6a8c6f9097bd790.jpg
992ddfac5d33c6eb973a767bd58212fa.jpg
e820c14979b3b6493d5b6c5578539128.jpg
7b79ed3426aa0792fd123818c1f2371e.jpg

I admire the pens and boxes ,incredible combinations.

Peter.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Scott - I was looking at the tiny box company after a link on the facebook group but couldn't locate that exact box with the lining. You don't happen to have a link do you ?

Sawes

Registered
First Name
Scott
I use the same boxes as Scott but I buy mine direct from The Tiny Box Company and have them printed by them. You have to pay an initial fee for the plates but it works for me buying large quantities. Buying from Scott's daughter is likely cheaper for smaller quantities.
Demi does have a few who have the boxes shipped direct to her from Tinyboxcomany to save on postage etc plus allows them to buy direct.
I thought about the printing they do but recently doing very few pens, making more parts ;)

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I put every pen into a velvet pouch with draw string unless the client wants a decent box and then I use this style which are really nicely made. I have some smaller boxes that I occasionally use if somebody want something in-between the box above and the pouch, but I prefer to offer just the two options.

Peter

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
I also use the Axminster box mentioned above for single pens, but I'm looking for a good alternative for double pens or the posher pens like the Mistral or Vertex. I also make my own boxes out of wood for single pens as well, which customers seem to prefer as against the Axminster box.

The bracelet box looks a very good alternative though. I sometimes wish that the availability of stuff like boxes and pens kits was as good here as it's in the US.
I have found a couple of UK based companies (Everything Branded and Pens Unlimited) that have very good pen boxes, single and double sizes, but the minimum order of 50 would cost between £150 and £180 per size. Now if enough people on here are happy to spend about £25 on boxes that may be a possibility.

Regards,

Chriscb

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I also use the Axminster box mentioned above for single pens, but I'm looking for a good alternative for double pens or the posher pens like the Mistral or Vertex. I also make my own boxes out of wood for single pens as well, which customers seem to prefer as against the Axminster box.

The bracelet box looks a very good alternative though. I sometimes wish that the availability of stuff like boxes and pens kits was as good here as it's in the US.
I have found a couple of UK based companies (Everything Branded and Pens Unlimited) that have very good pen boxes, single and double sizes, but the minimum order of 50 would cost between £150 and £180 per size. Now if enough people on here are happy to spend about £25 on boxes that may be a possibility.

Regards,

Chriscb

Ever thought of a group buy??

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen

HI Miles
Have a look at Turners Retreat code c108 I think these are the same but cheaper. I have been using them for 2 years but was thinking of changing to pouches mainly for easier storage but I cannot make my mind up.
Glen

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).