• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen kit for tablet/phone?

Melchior

First Name
Emil
Hello, is there any pen kits for using on a tablet/phone. I am seeing these very big add on things that are very large and sits on the top of the pen sort of like an eraser. I am looking for more of the type used as a proper pen on Microsoft Surface pro types of tablets:

microsoft-surface-pro-3-active-stylus_slideshow_main.jpg

Regards,
Emil

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
THe Vesper used by removing the biro would be a goer. A new technique not a stabbing one would serve using the refill in and angling the contact. I find even using my keyboard I use far too much force with my fingers, not a case for a larger hammer.

Peter.

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Not really I have made 10 of them, the parker biro bit is housed in a sheath under the rubber so when it is retracted it works as a stylus without interference and when the ballpoint is out it is obvious that it is a pen.

My only contention with it is the aesthetics of the pen design, the pen and capacitive rubber work well and the mechanism is of good quality but the look is a bit chunky and the overall thickness is good for a man with large hands but awful for a lady with dainty digits. However it is the use of a parker refill which causes the problem since the sheath has to house both the refill and the spring.

Now if there were manufacturer that made a 7mm slim line with out a pen but the biro bit were the capacitive tip then there might be a slim stylus.

PG

Last edited:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Not really I have made 10 of them, the parker biro bit is housed in a sheath under the rubber so when it is retracted it works as a stylus without interference and when the ballpoint is out it is obvious that it is a pen.

My only contention with it is the aesthetics of the pen design, the pen and capacitive rubber work well and the mechanism is of good quality but the look is a bit chunky and the overall thickness is good for a man with large hands but awful for a lady with dainty digits. However it is the use of a parker refill which causes the problem since the sheath has to house both the refill and the spring.

Now if there were manufacturer that made a 7mm slim line with out a pen but the biro bit were the capacitive tip then there might be a slim stylus.

PG

Thanks for these thoughts I would prefer a stand alone for the electronic use.Call it piece of mind

Peter.

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Only thing I dont like with those kits is if you forget to retract the refill you could damage your screen.:sob:
I use one all the time since I always use the pens that I sell, I always forget to retract it, so far no damage; but remember these are there to stop your fingers from smearing the screen as well as being more precise, now I don't recall stabbing my fingers in hard enough to break the screen so why should you with the pen? Equally if you buy a Samsung galaxy note 10 it comes with a capacitive stylus that is harder than a parker pen tip !!

Penpal there is no electricity involved apart from the micro current on a touch screen, in fact it works because you generate more electricity than it at the touch point.

PG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).