• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen mandrels

mattkemp

First Name
matt
I have this mandrel and use different bushes and pen kits from the Axminster ones and they fit fine my advice would be try the bushes you want rather than buy another mandrel and you don't need to hope this helps

Matt

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
Thanks Peter and Chriscb.
Novice mistake, I have the Axminster eveloution compresion mandrel. It does have an Allan screw on the shaft, do you know of a supplier that would fit the end of the mandrel and have different diameters of shafts?

I went onto PenKitsDirect site and left a message, I didn't expect a reply till Monday, to my surprise Simone replied today.
They say they are going to be stocking Kirinite blanks soon (something else I'm going to have to look up)

Regards Dave

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Sorry guys I haven't had time to read most of these posts (so busy working on this new website)!!!

I started off with a couple of these Axminster Evolution compression mandrel's, but now they are stuffed in a drawer as I have replaced them with the Planet Rotur mandrels due to the bush compatibility issues! I did mean to get in contact with Axminster to see about returning there's but haven't got round to it & now probably getting a bit late as I've had them just under a year now.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Engineering compatability is a sore point for me the most simple task IMHO over time has been to get a replacement step drill made, I have tried USA Manufacture (costly failure), Uk a nightmare of problems though Alex before he took on his apprenticeship and here in Australia.

My simple test was to obtain a slip fit was to support a slimline brass tube, if the slip fitted step drill maintained a straight line and felt right thats all I wanted, then measuring brasses as I do the variations would curl your hair. In a session I would reject many brasses using a go no go guage anyway. All of you faced with dificulty pressing these pens understand where I am coming from.

I intended to go then and have made a step drill for other brass sizes.

No way now.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).