• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Peter (Buckeye) works his magic

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
And I thought Desert Ironwood was tough full marks Peter and Woody for your stamina.

Peter.

I didn't find it any harder to turn than brass or aluminium swarf blanks, the stainless had been heat treated to soften it before making swarf from it, the swarf cuts like butter with ordinary scissors. I had to sharpen my tools more often than I do when turning most woods, but no more often than when I have turned brass or aluminium swarf blanks.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).