• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Posted with trepidation

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
The three pictures are are of pens i have made. I am not sure if i have posted any before so i think this is my first. My photographic skills are minimal, these were taken in macro. I would welcome tips on making them better, while i think they look 'OK' i'm sure they could be a lot better

DSCF2510.jpgDSCF2513.jpg

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Very nice, they all look well turned and finished,some of the shapes don't inspire me but that is not to say that they are wrong.:thumbs:

johnny5

Registered
Same as Ed about the shapes. , they are well turned , sure someone will be along with photo skills advice.
Get yourself a light box for photos, or make one, easy to do.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I to have to agree with Ed but that is just personal taste your turning and finish are spot on

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
All look good to me Ken, having said that I have not posted a single photograph, the size thing baffles me. Yes good work, keep it up.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
All look good to me Ken, having said that I have not posted a single photograph, the size thing baffles me. Yes good work, keep it up.

Load up Picassa 3 free program once set up (easy) every pic can be right sized from then on I use it and have loved it for years now. Makes a great place to load your pics straight in, so many easy features. I am a mug with computers.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Ken I concur the pics are beaut love the quirky 2nd last pen white with lines. I say have a go and settle for that style people like, your family rave over and if you sell races out the door. All the best

Peter.

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
Thanks for all the replies there were far more than i thought there would be. As for the shapes, yes lol. I wanted to try something different lol. Surprisingly they are quite comfortable to hold and use.
I can't get to the shed at the moment, i tore a calf muscle starting some bike for a friend that had been in his garage for three years without being run. I have tried twice to get to the shed but cannot make it that far plus i am on crutches so standing in front of a lathe is not comfortable.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
A nice selection of pens there Ken :thumbs:
Not keen on the shape of the white one, but as already said, that's just personal taste.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).