• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Poundshop CA

ChrisH

First Name
Chris
Anyone use poundshop CA for finishing pens?

I tried some recently and it is thin, but not as thin as Zap thin CA, and several coats seems to give good results.

Also, it doesn't make kitchen roll smoke like Zap does.

Because it is so cheap - £1 for 20g bottle or 8 x 3g tubes - will it flake off or go yellow in time?

Pens I have used it for so far have been fine.

Anyone else tried it?

Chris

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Used it two years ago and seemed to do the job then ,now I'm back in the game I will be buying more

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I use it too although the 4 x 7gr. never had a problem with it and no yellowing, it does smoke a little with the kitchen roll I use, but not very much.

Peter

Snaggle

Apprentice Member
First Name
Darren
Always use it .. Does make my kitchen roll smoke though and the smell is acrid from the smoke

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
I use the Poundland CA sold in Tommy Walsh's name and have had no problems with it

Robin

mattkemp

First Name
matt
I just brought some from Taylor mirfields 50g pot for just over £2.50 I think it does what is say on tin no problems here may work out cheaper in long run not sure hope it helps

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I am a Zap man through and through using medium it has given me the very best results so far if Poundland works for you then its the best for you. So many brands out there but price is never my choice.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I just brought some from Taylor mirfields 50g pot for just over £2.50 I think it does what is say on tin no problems here may work out cheaper in long run not sure hope it helps

I bought 20 pots when he first started selling them, I have used two gave 1 away and am trying to use them up.

Peter

mattkemp

First Name
matt
Peter do you not get on with it I have only been turning for 4-5 months so I am still experimenting I have half a pot of zap medium ca glue left.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter do you not get on with it I have only been turning for 4-5 months so I am still experimenting I have half a pot of zap medium ca glue left.

I find it easier to use the Poundland 4 x 7gr bottles, but I have stopped using the pounland CA until I have used this lot up or given it away, it will probably turn to medium CA by the time I get to use it all.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).