• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Present from the family

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I went to the club meeting today only to have a box pushed into my hand by Ed of Olivers woodturning, " I didn't order that " I say "read the label" says he. Any way read the label and it said from my sisters and mum. Oh what was this box yes it is a Birthday present and Christmas present from them.

OK I suppose you want to know what it is. I have not taken any photo's but HERE is what it was. I like this present so much that I can do with it.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Thats a nice present Derek I bought one for myself still unopened amoung some other stuff I thought I would need just before I retired as I realised that I might not be able to afford it on the pension. Must go and seek it out this week and see what kind of a dogs breakfast I make of pyrography lol

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thats a nice present Derek I bought one for myself still unopened amoung some other stuff I thought I would need just before I retired as I realised that I might not be able to afford it on the pension. Must go and seek it out this week and see what kind of a dogs breakfast I make of pyrography lol

Had a quick play today just playing with settings and different shapes. With the wire that comes with the machine you don't need it on full power. Tried lines without blobs at the ends shading along with shading using dots. The machine pen seems comfy in the hand and does cool very fast once turned off allowing for quick changed of different shaped tips. Next thing is to make up different tips and try them out. Once happy may have to find a simple design to draw something in Ernest.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Stood in awe last weekend at our Guild expo at a lady using a similar tool, ever so beautiful results, I think I would run a small fan over the work it cuts to the nostrils as you burn.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).